I would like to make a generalization and write a brief summary about Vocabulary of Modern English. You, guys, are starting for a journey that we just have completed.
To begin with, studying is not as easy as ABC because preparing for each class you have to cover a lot of ground, often burn the midnight oil and be an eager beaver. As the matter of fact, Vocabulary of Modern English is not the exception. Bear in mind that you will have to memorize loads of new words and collocations, write blogposts using different online tools, make a short video for a vocabulary item on a wordlist you will be given and also do some other kinds of activities for each class. Other words, if you want to make the grade you should put as many efforts as possible. I take the view that Success = Work + Practice + Efforts or doing right things at the right time and in the right way. It sounds like you will be inundated with interminable stacks of different tasks but don’t blow it out of all proportions because it’s pretty interesting and useful.
The motto of our course: “The more the merrier.” It is a high priority for the students who study foreign languages to know as many new words, idioms and phrasal verbs as possible. Take it into consideration and don’t put your feet up.
It is also important to point out that our professor is expert on her profession because she knows how to combine studying with entertainment. Thanks to her now we can use different up to date programs and cutting-edge technologies during the learning process. Each offered task was really interesting and not similar to previous.
I subscribe the theory that true education is the training of both your head and heart. This course will definitely expand your horizons as well as develop your imagination.
· There are tons of knowledge you have to learn. Take it seriously! Professors are eager to give the most they can but it depends on you how much you can take of it.
· Never procrastinate! Don’t think that you can do it during one evening, you can’t;
· If you don’t want to fall behind with a great deal of tasks never miss the deadlines;
· For the first time it will be considerably difficult to use new words and collocations in sentences but practice makes perfect;
·Try to post your blogposts on time or still better in advance. In such a way you will have the opportunity to improve it or correct some mistakes.
· Don’t cram a great amount of words during the last night you will never pass module tests with flying colours in such a way.
· Never play truant and try to attend all classes. Otherwise, you will constantly need to catch up with others.
· Don’t think that you will get A for effort, you will get full mark only for a well-done task;
· Keep the notebook and brush up on new words on a regular basis;
· If you are a straight A student and have mental agility don’t think than you are better than others. Everybody has room for improvement;
· Try to grasp the importance of this course and do your best to achieve the goal.
· Don’t lose your nerve if something goes wrong. Keep calm and sort out this problem. You can learn many things from a pencil but I point out one for you – the pencil went through painful process of sharpening but it got his sharp point.
As for me, it’s my firm conviction that this course made a significant impact on me. I’m over the moon realizing that loads of new words and phrases accumulated in my notebook as well as in my memory. To be honest, I see a dramatic improvement in my knowledge and wish you the same feelings.
Make sure you follow these pieces of advice and you will certainly have a great time studying this course and soon enjoy the fruit of your hard work. Don’t fear to fail. Just shot the moon even if you miss you will be there among the stars. So fasten up your shoes laces and buckle up your belts for the journey ahead!