четверг, 27 ноября 2014 г.

Final post
Hello to everyone!
To begin with, the motto of the students of the Department of Romanic and Germanic languages is: “Study while others are sleeping. Work while others are loafing. Prepare while others are playing.” As a matter of fact, this trimester is about to end that’s why our lifestyle is becoming more and more hectic. To be honest, we are inundated with interminable stacks of different tasks now. In such period of time it’s impossible to wind down a little bit because we should not to neglect, but stick to accomplish all of them in order to achieve the main goals. Mind you, we had a lot of valuable subjects which helped us to develop our skills and improve knowledge.

I would like to make generalization and write a brief summary about the benefits we got from the classes of English Vocabulary. Actually, it is not going to be a considerable difficulty because I was fond of attending all the classes and learning tons of new useful phrases and collocations. In fact, it is a high priority for the students who study foreign languages to know as many words as possible. They say, the more the merrier, that’s why I put a real effort into memorizing them.

Frankly speaking, I had a train of thought about this course and anticipated that it would be just a swot of new words and never-ending tests, but at the first class our instructor made it clear that it’s possible to combine studying with entertainment playing different games, making small talks and dialogues in order to use the active vocabulary and remember the words in context. It is also important to mention that the idea with leading a blog captivated me a lot. When I heard about this requirement for the first time, I was a little bit uneasy because of not having any insight into how to achieve this task but as it turned out I only blew it up out of all proportion because it wasn’t difficult. To be honest, sometimes I procrastinated to write blogposts to the deadline and failed to do it a few times but it just because of shortage of time. On the whole, it was quite interesting to write different stories or share my innermost thoughts on some topic. It is also important to point out that our teacher is definitely an expert in her profession as she is inclined to use different up to date programs and cutting-edge technologies during the teaching process. For example, we had an opportunity to feel like a journalist of one of the world's leading newspapers or create speaking avatar, but most of all I liked the task to write a story based on pictures from the site Flikr. These additional tasks to create content with on-line tools helped us to keep track of the modern methods of learning English.

Our classes of English Vocabulary were really interesting and productive. Moreover, we were able to take the initiative during the classes and our instructor always tried to foster our creativity. I’m over the moon realizing that loads of new words and phrases accumulated in my notebook as well as in my memory. When I read some paragraphs or articles and bumped into familiar words which I’ve recently learned it really drives me mad J
As for suggestion, I wish we had more opportunities to use new words and expressions in different exercises.


By and large, it is said that practice makes perfect, so we should continue to work as hard as possible. The course of English Vocabulary made a great impact on my languages skills. In any case, I feel elated to realize this.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий